Friday, July 25, 2008

BOOOOOO gestational diabetes

Well, I failed. They do four blood draws, a fasting blood draw then you drink a ton of the orange stuff(yum yum). They draw blood after 1 hour, 2 hours and then 3 hours. The only part of the test I passed was the 4th blood draw. So I have gestational diabetes, but hey if that is the worse thing I have to face in this pregnancy, then bring it on.

So now the plan is that I meet with the dietitian so she can tell me about my new diet(woohoo) and to teach me how to use my monitor. Yep, I get to poke my finger daily to check my blood sugar. They are going to monitor it for a bit and then decide if I need medication to help control it. More than likely that will happen, but she did say she is fairly certain I will not end up needing insulin. Which is good... I am sick of needles.

The midwife laughed at me when I told her I was going to get a thin mint girl scout cookie blizzard this weekend as my last sweet before my diet! I only want a small one!!!!

No comments: